Animal Care Clinics is proud to be one of the few general practices in Central Ohio to have its own endoscope.
An endoscope has two primary functions. First, it acts as a camera to view the esophagus, stomach, and intestines that are normally not visible by the naked eye.
Secondly, it can biopsy affected areas or remove items from the intestinal tract. It is particularly useful to remove foreign bodies (e.g. socks) from the stomach and small intestines.
Although general anesthesia is still required, it allows for the removal of foreign bodies without surgery, significantly decreasing recovery time.
The endoscope can also aid in diagnosing esophageal strictures, esophagitis, oral cavity masses, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel disease, and other disease processes in the gastrointestinal tract.
FAQ’s View All
Notes from our Facebook Page
- Mar 06, 2014: Don't worry, BE HAPPY!
- Mar 04, 2014: Believe it or not, Spring is almost here and with that...Spring Break! We are s...
- Feb 11, 2014: Please take a moment to read this wonderful story about one of our clients and t...
- Feb 05, 2014: We hope you are staying safe and warm in this crazy winter weather. Please moni...
- Jan 24, 2014: Does your pet need a good bath and trim? Schedule your pets day at the spa with...
- Jan 22, 2014: To our feline loving friends! Like & Share :)