Endoscopy for Dogs & Cats
Animal Care Clinics is proud to be one of the few general practices in Central Ohio to have its own endoscope.
An endoscope has two primary functions. First, it acts as a camera to view the esophagus, stomach, and intestines that are normally not visible by the naked eye.
Secondly, it can biopsy affected areas or remove items from the intestinal tract. It is particularly useful to remove foreign bodies (e.g. socks) from the stomach and small intestines.
Although general anesthesia is still required, it allows for the removal of foreign bodies without surgery, significantly decreasing recovery time.
The endoscope can also aid in diagnosing esophageal strictures, esophagitis, oral cavity masses, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel disease, and other disease processes in the gastrointestinal tract.
FAQ’s View All
Notes from our Facebook Page
- May 23, 2015: What a great idea!!!
- May 22, 2015: Good Morning! Here's some more cuteness to start your day right ;) Have a wonde...
- May 21, 2015: Curious if you guys vacation with your pets? (Ours go everywhere with us)
- May 20, 2015: Please Read and call us if you have any questions regarding this matter.
- May 20, 2015: Ok, I was thinking some kid or mouse was going to come through...not this! Too C...
- May 20, 2015: I want one!!!