Cat Declawing in Westerville and Galena, OH
Scratching or yanking at objects is a natural behavior and common for cats. It is instinctive in order to allow for new nail tissue growth and to remove dead nail fragments, but it can also be detrimental to your carpet, furniture, doors and your home in general. Declawing can be implemented at any age, but the younger the feline, the shorter the recovery time.
At Animal Care Clinics, we utilize laser surgery, which reduces pain and swelling and minimizes bleeding. It also reduces the chance of infection and promotes a more speedy recovery with less post-operative pain. For these very important reasons, our patients and their owners prefer this type of process.
Declawing is an irreversible procedure and occurs while the patient is under general anesthesia. After the procedure, most cats return to their normal routine and will be back to scratching in no time, but this time without any damage to your home!
FAQ’s View All
Notes from our Facebook Page
- May 22, 2015: Good Morning! Here's some more cuteness to start your day right ;) Have a wonde...
- May 21, 2015: Curious if you guys vacation with your pets? (Ours go everywhere with us)
- May 20, 2015: Please Read and call us if you have any questions regarding this matter.
- May 20, 2015: Ok, I was thinking some kid or mouse was going to come through...not this! Too C...
- May 20, 2015: I want one!!!
- May 19, 2015: Dolce's pups are up to no good, lol!
- May 18, 2015: So cute!