Cat Declawing in Westerville and Galena, OH
Scratching or yanking at objects is a natural behavior and common for cats. It is instinctive in order to allow for new nail tissue growth and to remove dead nail fragments, but it can also be detrimental to your carpet, furniture, doors and your home in general. Declawing can be implemented at any age, but the younger the feline, the shorter the recovery time.
At Animal Care Clinics, we utilize laser surgery, which reduces pain and swelling and minimizes bleeding. It also reduces the chance of infection and promotes a more speedy recovery with less post-operative pain. For these very important reasons, our patients and their owners prefer this type of process.
Declawing is an irreversible procedure and occurs while the patient is under general anesthesia. After the procedure, most cats return to their normal routine and will be back to scratching in no time, but this time without any damage to your home!
FAQ’s View All
Notes from our Facebook Page
- Aug 28, 2014: Your veterinarian best knows what your pet needs; let them help you take the bes...
- Aug 27, 2014: Check out the fun we had at the Westerville 4th Friday: Dog Days of Summer. Th...
- Aug 22, 2014: Come and join us at 4th Friday in Westerville!!! We're right by Jimmy V's.
- Aug 21, 2014: It's still hot out there, so check out our blog to learn 5 ways to keep your pet...
- Aug 14, 2014: Please share with your pet loving friends!