Cat Declawing in Westerville and Galena, OH
Scratching or yanking at objects is a natural behavior and common for cats. It is instinctive in order to allow for new nail tissue growth and to remove dead nail fragments, but it can also be detrimental to your carpet, furniture, doors and your home in general. Declawing can be implemented at any age, but the younger the feline, the shorter the recovery time.
At Animal Care Clinics, we utilize laser surgery, which reduces pain and swelling and minimizes bleeding. It also reduces the chance of infection and promotes a more speedy recovery with less post-operative pain. For these very important reasons, our patients and their owners prefer this type of process.
Declawing is an irreversible procedure and occurs while the patient is under general anesthesia. After the procedure, most cats return to their normal routine and will be back to scratching in no time, but this time without any damage to your home!
FAQ’s View All
Notes from our Facebook Page
- Oct 29, 2014: Be prepared and plan for a safe Halloween!
- Oct 21, 2014: Even though it's hard to believe that it's already fall, it is time to start mak...
- Oct 15, 2014: Be prepared in case you begin to see fleas on your pet as the weather turns cold!
- Sep 11, 2014: Incredible!
- Sep 11, 2014: It was our pleasure! Thank you for posting this wonderful picture.
- Sep 09, 2014: September is Senior/Dental Health Month at The Animal Care Clinics. See why den...